top of page
The Sherwood Archaeological Society
Sookholme Chapel 1856
Watercolour of chapel before later restoration.
A display of neolithic axe-heads found within a radius of 5 miles of Mansfield and demonstrating the use of stone from three different areas of Britain.
Moorhaigh chapel and dovecote
A Possible representation of the Moorhaigh chapel and dovecote based on the excavated evidence.
Two mounted Neolithic axe heads, locally found and on display in Mansfield Museum. 1 - Polished Langdale greenstone 2 - Semi-polished East Anglian flint
The well head excavated at Warsop.
Polychrome drawing by Hayman Rooke of the mosaic floor of the Mansfield Woodhouse villa excavated in the late 18th. century.
A rare example of part of the base of a Romano-British greyware tankard, from Warsop.
Moorhaig Farm Finds
Museum display of the finds from the concluding 2013 excavation at Pleasley.
A neolithic flint blade found at Forest Town and hafted in the manner of the one found intact with the Alpine Ice Man
bottom of page